The Tsleil-Waututh Nation, over the last 22 years, has been a national leader in First Nation economic development with a multitude of businesses and strategies to develop further economic activities.
Including SPAL General Contructors, the Tsleil-Waututh Nation has several community owned businesses which include:
- Takaya Developments, a successful real estate development company, majority owned by the community, which develops high-end condominiums and townhomes
- Takaya Tours, a cultural tourism business open May to October
- Takaya Golf Centre, providing driving range services and various other special services, professional golf pros are on hand for private or group lessons
- Inlailawatash, providing environmental services and consulting
- Salish Seas, which manages fish and crabbing licenses
The Tsleil-Waututh Nation also has companies that manage investments into other industries and TWN is developing partnerships in other areas, including government and public service management and maintenance agreements for several Provincial Parks within its traditional territory. Recently TWN is developing relationships with other BC First Nations to manage large off reserve land acquisitions in the Lower Mainland.